Posted by: Thorn | 2008/07/28

Please can you assist me I have had a number of blood tests and ultra sounds which all show that I have a fatty liver. Recently my gastroenterologist had some blood tests done after excessive vomiting (I have IBS and Ulcerative Colitis), the ALT was very high and I have had to do a blood test weekly since then, the last test was 64 up from the week before (which was 51). I am battling to eat, sometimes when I eat I get nauseas straight away and feel the colour draining out of my face, I also start sweating. Do you think that I need to see him or do you think the symptoms might just get better. I am totally sick of feeling like this.

Hallo Thorn,
the fact that the ALT is slowly increasing means that the liver is not working right either due to tissue damage or due to infections. Please let him know about your symptoms as you may need medication. Try taking Milk thistle supplements to support your liver.