Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2007/12/20

Little red spots on skin?

Hello Dr Bets,
I did not post this question with my other 2 very long posts, cause it is probably not related, but maybe it could be indication of what is causing all my other problems? I have had little red spots on my skin for a few months now (3 on the side of my chest), yesterday I saw another one on my shoulder. They are tiny like the tip of a pen, one is slightly bigger, about the size of four tips of a pen. They are blood red. Could this be indication of anything? I have noticed that it does not go away with time. I have never asked a doctor about it, cause it is small and not painfull. Second question: I had shoulder operation on 1 Oct, something was given to me by injection (during the operation) just below my shoulder. It left a small blood mark under the skin. I also just assumed that will just go away. It should have been gone by now, but insteed it turned brown, like an alevated frekle. It is not painful or anything, but do I need to get it checked? Could it become cancerious or something? Thanks very much!!!! Sorry for all the questions!!!!! Regards R

Hi Ruby
The red spots you describe are probably cherry angioma and this condition is not dangerous or harmful.
The injection spot could have been caused by the damage of the skin by the needle causing a "dermatofibroma". This will not become cancerous.

1
Posted by: Lalie | 2008/04/07

I have red spots around my nose, chin and forehead it comes and go,

Reply to Lalie