Question
Posted by: Ecstasy | 2004/11/06

Little nervous about first time with new man

HI, im 17 and hav previously been in 2 sexual relationships.my last relationship lasted for a year and our sex life was one i was proud of but we'v recently split and im now going out with a 22 yr old.I want to have sex with him obviously wen the time is rite, but im a little nervous especially as he's 22.we always talk about it and i am quite forward and playful but i dont no weva wen it cums down to it il b 'up to standard'.I no this shudnt mata becus if my guy was the type of guy to be concerned about my performance first time i probly shudnt b wiv him but it stil dusnt mean that i dont want to satisfy him.i dont rly no wot im askin but jus voicing my concerns...

Expert ImageTeen expert

it is important that you concentrate on being yourself, and also on what you enjoy sexually not just his needs. Have confidence in yourself, and if he wants to be with you then things can develop from there.

Also you shouldn't feel rushed into a sexual relationship until you are ready.

For further advice you may also consider posting a question to our sexologist here at Health24

1
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/11/09

to be honest with you, there's no difference, the only difference is that of the age, and MAYBE he's just a LITTLE more experienced than you, there's nothing to worry about!
i was with a guy the same age as me and then i went out with a guy 6 years older than me (we slept together)...it wasn't better or bad, just different!

Reply to sweetcakes