Question
Posted by: Paranoid Wife | 2008/07/23

Listening to sleep talking husband

this may sound weird, in fact it is weird, but my husband talks in his sleep &  i find myself listening to whatever he is saying, but what has really got me, is the fact that he described how he slept with another woman in his sleep!! last night
are dreams really the rundown of the days events, or just something that cannot be explained.
he is always talking in his sleep &  sometimes it does relate back to what happened in the day, so is this also what happened,
i am driving myself crazy,
i know he loves me, but he went recently overseas, what if something did happen over there,
has there been proof that dream talkers talk about real life events, replaying those events in their dreams,
plse someone explain to me the meaning of this,
i want to move on.

Genuine sleep talking is often incoherent, and if coherent would generaly reflect what someone might normally say while awake --- so describing how one slept with someone would be really odd content for sleep-talking. As M says, maybe he knows you're listening and wants to bother you ? There is no research on the accuracy of what people say in their dreams ( it would be very hard to conduct such research ), so there's no way of knowing whether this is real, or fantasy, or fake,. other than by calmly discussing it with him.

5
Posted by: Star | 2008/07/24

I have a ball when DH is talking in his sleep. I reply on the subject and ask questions. I usually wake him with my laughter. He knows already when I wake him with my giggles he' s been talking in his sleep and askes me "  what did I say now?" . And he laughs with me. Dont take it too seriously. Listen to a drunk person rather than a sleeping one!

Reply to Star
Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/24

I dont think he is asleep.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/23

I also think one doesn' t say full sentences or anything while dreaming. I have had the chance to watch my sibblings sleep and I' ve heard words, so I even stayed awake a few times and tried to listen, but I couldn' t understand anything. What they said was very inarticulate, even the words themselves were very difficult, sometimes even impossible, to understand.
However, I have experienced something strange with my father. He is old, so he sleeps after meals and on other occasions too, he just falls asleep very easily. So sometimes this happens when we are talking. We talk for a long time, and then he gets sleepy. Basically, what happens is that we talk and then at some point he says something that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. That' s when I know he is sleeping. When I was younger (around 15 - he was 75 then), I went on talking because he always responded (always with something that has nothing to do with what we were saying). I found that funny. If I asked a question, he would give me an answer although as I said it wasn' t part of the subject, if I just said something, he would always agree (I think it' s because it' s easier to agree than not, when you are asleep). Well, at some point he would realize he was saying silly things (sometimes even things of his dreams) and would wake up. I guess he was somewhere between sleep and reality, a person wouldn' t listen and answer if they were sleeping tight. But I know I am like him sometimes. My brother once tried to wake me up and I said something and went on sleeping. Later he complained about it (it seems he had asked me to do something and I said I would but then I didn' t) and I remembered that I had said that, but I thought that was all in my dream.

Reply to Me
Posted by: lilly | 2008/07/23

LOL ,GOOD ONE MAYBE

Reply to lilly
Posted by: Maybe | 2008/07/23

Maybe he knows that u r listening to him so he' s making up stories...

Reply to Maybe