Question
Posted by: T | 2004/01/06

Listelessness and stress

I am 21 years old, and work a 9 hour day as a sales person.
I am frequently stressed and this causes me to be a bit snappy and angry when i get home to my wonderful boyfriend who takes it all and never bitches at me.
I also find it difficult to sleep sometimes and am quite listless and tired sometimes because of this.

Is there any natural herbal remedy or pill i can take in order to minimise the stress and help me sleep better as well as providing me with more energy.
HELP!!!

Expert ImageArchive

It seems your stress is coming from a few areas in your life, this will use up certain vital nutrients and upset your nervous system to disterb your sleep cycle, it will also interfere with your hormonal balance.
Correct this on each level - try to make some time for yourself at the end of the day with a bit of exercise, a good walk or just listening to some good music - this will help center you.
Increase the amount of Vitamin B's and Magnesium in your diet with a good supplement - it would be good to use a B Complex and a separate Magnesium and B6 supplement - this will help your body resist against the effects of stress and improve your ability to sleep properly.
Use this self-care for 1 month, if you still have symptoms consider looking deeper by consulting a practitioner.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)