Question
Posted by: leapfrog4u | 2007/04/18

Liquid diet, now stomach cramps horrible

Hi! I have asked a few questions about things going on with my gallbladder. I went to the doctor yesterday for a possible infection, which they did labs for, buthaven't gotten the results back yet. The doctor says that I am still not ready for real food, because I am still getting nausea and taking medicine 2 weeks after surgery. he put me on a liquid diet for a month, and is allowing me to have yogurt. After lunch today, I had horrible cramps, but they felt like htey were more in the pelvic area tehn anything else. They only last a minute or two, but are intense. I have been having them for about an hour now, and it just keeps coming and going every couple of minutes. It hurts so bad I have to double over to try and help the pain. Nothing helps. I was on Phenergan since September, and the doctor took me off of that yesterday, because he said that it really shouldn't be taken for more than 2 or 3 days. I don't know what is causing this, but it is horrible. Also, my stomach started getting really nauseated even after only broth and applesauce, which was lunch. It hurts so bad, and I don't understand. Thanks!

Dear Leapfrog4u
These symptoms are worrying - did your doctor take another x/ray of your abdomen to exclude blockage of the bowel or perforation ? Please call him if this does not clear up within an hour or so?