Question
Posted by: Worried | 2006/10/26

Lipomas

I am 28 years old and about 4 years ago I had 3 lumps removed from my right upper leg. It turned out to be fat tumours (Lipomas). Since then I found various other such lumps in my forearms, shoulder, back, stomach and upper legs. The Doc says it is Lipomas (but there is a chance they could be more serious).

The problem is some of them feel tender from time to time and my glands in my neck seems to swell up often. (Almost daily) The doc isn't too worried, should I go for a second opinion? Or could they just be tender because the are located in parts of my body where they are easily bruised?

Dear Worried
Lipomas usually are not dangerous - but they won't cause the glands to swell - ask your doctor to please look for a reason for that?

1
Posted by: Worried | 2006/10/26

Could my wisdom teeth be the cause of the gland swelling? My doc didn't think so but my jaw feels like it could fall off sometimes... There are bumps under my gums at the back where and the gland seems to swell when my jaw aches. (All the left side of my mouth..)

Reply to Worried