Question
Posted by: JasonTMaroc | 2007/08/20

Lipolytic Injection

I've got a friend who's following a diet program under the guidance of a doctor, which consists of a low fat/carb diet and daily sub cutenous injections of 25ml of something described as "Lipolytic Injection (Non nomen propium) PR1457802 "
What is in the injection?

Dear JasonTMaroc
I am not sure what these injections contain. 'Non nomen' means 'No name' so I suspect that this is probably what we call a 'placebo' (it could even just be water!). I am highly sceptical if the slimming injections actually contain anything that is effective to make people lose weight. What usually happens is that the injections (whatever they contain!) are dispensed with a diet that causes weight loss because it is either a starvation diet or a high-protein, high-fat Atkins-type diet. Such diets do cause weight loss, but there is a tendency to regain all the weight that is lost once the person reverts to normal eating (it's very difficult to stick to such diets). The most sensible solution for weight loss is still to use a low-fat balanced diet and daily aerobic exercise.

2
Posted by: Pieter | 2007/12/06

What is in this this stuff? Are they all the same or are they different effects. Is the active ingredients the same?

Reply to Pieter
Posted by: JasonTMaroc | 2007/09/20

I have done some more research and have also asked the doctor directly. They refuse to say what is in the fluid, but has answered "no" when I asked whether it was a hormone, water, HCG... It's not just water...it has a taste.
The diet is more or less as follows: Breakfast:1x fat free yogurt Lunch: 6x cracker breads, 1/2 tub fat free cottage cheese, green salad, Supper: 150g lean protein, 1,5 cup green vegetables, green salad +1/4 wheel fat free feta Additional: 4 x fruits, 3,5liter water.
25ml injection twice per day

The stuff was developed by a Dr Jan Botha at Wits, according to the clinic in Durbanville. He must be dead by now, as it was developed in the 1950's. Apparently the number is the patent registration number. Where can I access medical patent information?

Reply to JasonTMaroc