Question
Posted by: wowo | 2007/04/21

lipolytic injection

Hi y'all!!!

Doc, I'd lyk 2knw how doez theze actually work? How do they burn the fat? wat effect do they have to your metabolism?

Dear WoWo
I am personally not convinced that any of the injections that are at present available in SA for slimming purposes will have any effect on weight loss. The injections are usually prescribed together with a very-low-energy diet and it is the diet that causes the weight loss, not the injections which cost a lot of money. Some of the injections contain A.P.L. (human chorionic gonadotropin) and according to the package insert APL, "has no known effect on fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger or body fat distribution. HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity." Thus it is senseless to get injected with this product.
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

1
Posted by: Loser | 2007/07/07

I have been on the program for 2 months and lost just over 10kg..now I have tried all sorts of eating plans with very slow results..so I would say this is a very effective way of losing weight...two of my family members are on the same program experiencing the same results

Reply to Loser