Question
Posted by: Mike | 2004/01/22

lipodystrophy

Hi doc

I am a little bit overweight (about 10kg) and currently on Zerit. I went on drugs 2 months ago. What can I expect as far as lipodystrophy is concerned.

Will I have a big tummy and buffalo hump in a couple of months?

What can I do to slow down the process?

Should I lose weight?

Thank you.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Noboddy can tell you this but you have to be monitored by your doctor on a regular basis and he will advise you if this should start to happen.

If you are 10Kg overweight you shoul exercise, get fit and loose a bit of weight

2
Posted by: john | 2004/02/09

hi

i used zerit and it did cause lypodystrophy, after a good couple of years. the side effects were very bad, i just started my new med oday, combivir. not sure what this holds in fo me ...??

good luck

Reply to john | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/19

A good daily exercise will help in good blood flow and fat distribution. Good luck man