Posted by: Ken | 2008/10/02

lioresal prices

hi, my pain doc just prescribed me lioresal which is working miricals for me. he told me it only costs R80-00 for a month supply but now the pharmacy is telling me that it is going to cost me R1200 a month . Is there anything you can tell me about what my options are and what you know of this price difference.Thanx

Expert ImagePharmacist

What dose of Lioresal did your doctor prescribe? It seems as if your doc definitely got the price wrong:

The generic of lioresal (Bio-Baclofen) would cost you between R150 and R180 for 30 of the 10mg tablets, where the original (Lioresal) would set you back R300-400 for 30 of the 10mg tabs and R550-700 for 30 of the 25 mg tabs.

The prices may differ from pharmacy to pharmacy, but should genersally fall within the ranges gives.