Question
Posted by: Lilly Flux | 2004/10/27

Lilly Flux

I take 60mg Lilly Flux per day. What effect (if any) could taking the ingredient aspartame (in a diet supplement) have - could it worsen (influence) my depression?

I'm guessing that you're referring to Lilly brand of Fluoxetine, which is a generic equivalent to the same company's Prozac. I'm not sure whether it would be wise to combine it ( or any other antidepressant ) with aspartame --- it'd be best to check this with your pharmacist who should have up-to-date references on this. I know of no evidence that aspartame in any diet supplement is useful in any way at all.