Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2011/07/11

Likelihood

Do you think it''s likely that an immigrant who has been in contact with a possibly rabic animal and wants to get the rabies would get sent back to their country because of this?

I don't quite understand the question, and its hardly a psychiatric query, but anyone who has been bitten by a rabid animal is at high risk of getting rabies, and would need to go to a good hospital as soon as possible for treatment, including a course of anti-rabies injections. I don't understand why they would be sent back to the country they came from at such a time or because of such exposure to rabies. If they arrived here already exposed and especially if they lied about it, the authorities would probably want to deport them as soon as they were medically fit. But if they were bitten and at risk, there's be no sense in sending them back before treatment, as you wouldn't want someone to develop full-blown and potentially fatal rabies during the flight !

1