Question
Posted by: Anita | 2005/12/09

Light periods

I am 29 and ever since stopping and coming off the pill - 3 months ago, my periods are extremely light - they last a full 7 days with all the drips and draps, but they are light. My whole life I always had painful sometimes clotty periods, but they have changed completely. They do not even cover half a tampon in a day - except the first night. Why does this happen and do periods get lighter as we age?

The first three months off the Pill can often be different as your body readjusts. See what happens in the next few months.