Posted by: Emma | 2008/07/08

Light Concussion?

Dear Doc,

I have CP and I have had two falls in two months. Both times I hit my head rather badly. It is 10 days since the last fall and I am still feeling rather lousy. The spot where I hit my head is still sore, I have headaces everyday and I feel very tired all the time. I feel as if I could seep night and day. I just have no energy to get through the day. Now and again I also feel nausious.

I have been taking Neurofen 200mg once a day for pain and last night I took 1 Cataflam D.

Could this be a light concussion? Is there anything I should do or must I just ride it out?

Thank you.

Dear Emma
Please see your doctor - one can sometimes develop a slow bleed inside the head from such a fall, and this just needs to be excluded.