Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/11/12

Light bleeding

My cycle started on the 26th Oct. I started taking the Yasmin pill on the 28th Oct. From the 3rd Nov my partner and I had unprotected sex. This happened every day until 9th Nov.

The doctor had warned us to wait 2 weeks after I started on the pill. Was I already protected by the pill or not??

Also today noticed there was very light blood on my panty. Could this be implantation bleeding?? or is it because I just started on the Pill??

You need to take 7 active pills before you are protected. You probably started with the placebos, so you probably were not protected. The bleeding might be breakthrough bleeding. You will have to wait and see whether your period comes at the expected time to know if you are pregnant.

1
Posted by: dr annonymous | 2004/11/12

Usually you are protected from the 1st pill if you take pill 1 on day 1 of your cycle.
I think in your case it is unlikely that you are preg it may have been some pill realted spotting.
But be on the safe side , see your doc & consider a preg test.

Reply to dr annonymous