Posted by: Nix | 2011/04/05

Ligement pain

Good day,

I am 25 and since i fell pregnant with my child no. 3 my feet started hurting alot between the heal and the toes as if it is a ligament that hurts and not the foot self and it gets worse when i walk a bit more than usual. I am 85kg and 1.72m tall. My baby is now 9 months old and i still have the pain in my feet and sometimes so bad that i can barely walk. It sometimes gets to my heals as well and it is such a intense pain that i have drank panado for in the past but panado is not working that well anymore.

About a month ago the pain started going into my legs like shooting pains and sometimes at night i lay in bed with the worst pain in my legs so that i don’ t know how to lay.... this way or that way or what. About 2 weeks ago i got this weird pain in my arm, almost like it wants to go numb of pain and i need to pull it this and that way to feel a bit of relieve but the pain will stay for hours and the same happened this Sunday. I got something that relaxes the muscles from the pharmacy but it helps a little but i can still feel it is there and i mean it’ s not taking the cause away.

I am currently taking the muscle meds from time to time because it does give met temporary and moderate relieve and i am currently on Calcium and Magnesium supplements for the last month now and i’ m still taking them. I drink lots of milk and i eat vegetables as much as possible. I seriously have no clue what this can be and i don’ t want to go to the GP just to rever me to a specialist and waste R300 so i would be soooooooooo happy if you can maybe just give me and indication as what we are looking at and to what kind of doc i can go to.

O yes i forgot.... the other thing that happens but i also thing it’ s to do with ligaments is that in my ribs i get that same ugggg feeling from time to time... it’ s like a dull pain almost like when you are 8 months pregnant and your baby kicks you in the ribs and you can’ t get her foot out there...



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Nix,
I would recommend you consult with an osteopath in your area. The Osteopath will take time to listen to your story of your symptoms as well as taking a thorough case history. Then you will be examined thorough which will be followed by a diagnosis. The osteopath will then manage your case with treatment which is hands on together with any appropriate advice. I would recommend this course of action in order to identify the cause of the problem thereby ensuring a better recovery.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Nix | 2011/04/05

I have to add to my symptoms. Dizzy spells, breathlessness, and off balance sometimes.

Reply to Nix

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.