Question
Posted by: Niel | 2005/12/08

Ligament imbalence in shoulder

Hi there, I've started excercising again in the last couple of months & seem to be troubled by an old problem.

Previous time I had this problem, I was told that I've got a muscular/ligament imbalence that causes the Deltoid (not sure of spelling) muscle in the shoulder to be pinched between the arm & shoulder.. Eventually, after going through a physio & biokentici I just gave up & left it. This time round I would like to solve the actual imbalence.

Who should I consult regarding this? Are there any specialized exercises that can correct this imbalence?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated..

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Niel
Yes you need to be tested on an isokinetic system by a Bio to determine the strength and according to those results a program and exercises should be prescribed. Its normally the external rotatorsd that are weak and neesd to be strengthned
Pea