Question
Posted by: maya | 2007/04/25

lifts

A silly question really, but can you inform me on the safety of lifts.
I will start a new job next week and need to take the lift up to the 20th floor in the building.The building is notorious for lifts getting stuck for hours. I am extremely afraid of enclosed spaces and would just like to know whether I will be in danger should the thing get stuck(ie will there be an airflow?, is there a way to open the doors manually)
Thanks,

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Maya the building has to adhere to legal safety standards - the lift needs to be maintained, will be able to be opened - in time - and should have a fan.