Question
Posted by: JULIE | 2004/10/29

LIFE'S STRUGGLES

Heres an article I would like to share with u guys.

A man found a cocoon of an emperor moth. He took it home so that
he could watch the moth come out of the cocoon. On the day a small opening appeared, he sat and watched the moth for several hours as the moth struggled to force the body through that little hole.
Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as it it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no further. It just seemed to be stuck. Then the man, in his kindness, decided to help the moth, so he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The moth then emeged easily.
But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings. the man continued to watch the moth because he expected that at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened !
In fact the little moth spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.
What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the moth to get through the tiny opening was the way of forcing fluid from the body of the moth into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon. Freedom and flight would only come after the struggle. By depriving the moth of a stuggle, he deprived the moth of health.
Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Gve every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets.

What an excellent metaphor !

2
Posted by: JULIE | 2004/10/29

Thanks. When I read it. It gave me another outlook to my problems

Reply to JULIE
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/29

thats so well said

Reply to lady nina