Question
Posted by: Dessertmoon | 2005/11/30

Life sucks

Hi there,

I am so frustrated with life and feel like ending it all. What is it with this time of year. Is any one else having these thoughts and feelings too? I just had it, work, family, friends every freaking one.
Maybe it is better to just end it all.

One sick puppy...thats me

Please call Lifeline and talk this through. Many people feel down around this time of year --- a combinaton of exhaustion after a hard year, the year-end summarizing where have I got in the last years --- hmm, feels like nowhere Syndrome, and Christmas is often a time when we often most acutely miss those we have lost.
Do seek help, at least counselling, and work on ensuring that next year will be distinctly better for you

4
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/11/30

I read through your previous posting, and responded to it if I remember. yes, I know what you're feeling, and yes, a lot of us have the same frustrations and feelings of despondency.

Nah, not better to end it all. its amazing how many people look back at the really bad ties in their lives, and are so glad they didn't end it then, coz right now they have new lives that are great.

I am a firm believer in the future, and ride the kak I am currently going through. It does end, and it does turn out to be good, its not an illusion or just fancy words to make you feel better. trust me, and trust the many other people on this forum who have been so close to cuicide, and now look back feeling so glad they never did it at the height of their lousy times.

So hang in there, ok? It does all pan out sooner than you think, even while you are sleeping.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: KC | 2005/11/30

Did u read the quotation today! If life didnt suck today we wouldnt appreciate the wonderful tomorrow we'll have!!

'Ending it all' is definately not an option. I always say that i'm lucky i have a roof over my head, food in my belly, family, friends, a job (no matter how much i want to blow mt boss up!!!) etc,etc...and whatever else u can be grateful for! Some people have none of that.

So when people freak u out...block them out, leave the room...avoid people that bring disharmony to your life. It doesnt solve all ya problems, but its a start.....cause believe me...life is no picnic....but its a journey....enjoy the ride and make the most of it..........

Reply to KC
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/30

Maybe its because its that time of the year.Why dont you wait and see how you feel when the season ends.It might not seem so overwhelming then.I am not underminin what you feel right now.I think however that you need to confide in a trusted friend,talk it through and if it becomes unbearable phone organisations such as South African Depression and Anxiety Group or Life line

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/30

Dessertmoon: Yes, this is a difficult time of the year. I am sure many of us do feel a little sad missing friends and family. I miss my family extremely during this time because I am completely on my own. But when it gets too bad I think of all the great friends I have made on this site and of all the exciting things that is going to happen to me next year and then I' okay again. think of all the wonderfull things you'll miss if you're not here anymore and you are not going to tell me it was all just bad. Just think of all the people that is going to miss you.....you will not be able to read this site....and who wants to miss that.

Reply to Valkyrie