Question
Posted by: Asem | 2007/05/18

Life is unfare

I am a woman and 41. On the brink of my life. Good looking sexy and full of energy, but could not have sex after my hysterectomy, vulvectomy, and partial removal of the colon. Is it abnormal to fear sex? Me and my dear husband are married for 21 years. I work very hard everyday to keep my husband happy and attracted to me. He's very active and supper well, with a very high sex crave. I don't talk to anybody about our problems. It's very difficult to go to bed at night, I can write books with tips how to keep a man happy without intercourse. The problem is how long can I keep up with this. I still got a lot of pain and fear for futher medical treatment. I keep it all to myself. Am I the only one who suffer from this. Is there anywhere to go just for a while, I'm so tired to pretent.

Gosh, you have had an unfortunate sequence of illnesses and necessary treatments. It is not at all surprising that you thereafter felt hesitant about sexual activity, and this aspect of one's continuin life is so often neglected by even very good surgeons and physicians and others. Make sure you have consulted properly with your docors so that you know whether there is any significant risk of further problems, and if so, how they will be handled.
You may well have become discouraged and depressed, too, and depression amplifies any form of physical pain and makes it less beqrable --- just as proper treatment of depression reduces pain of any cause. ALso see a personal counsellor to help you deal more positively with all that you have had to bear, and to help you explore more ways not merely to please your husband,. but to be pleased yourself, as your own pleasure is still and will remain, important.

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/18

Stop keeping it to yourself, go for a check up, prevention is better than cure!

Reply to Echelle