Posted by: John | 2009/01/14

Life empty

Hi Doc
I' m stuck in a rut of continuous self examination, questioning my self worth and my actions. I try to be the best husband possible, drink very little and spend all my salary supporting my wife. However, at times it seems I just lose it. I might drink too much and send too much money. Or I might have a sudden mood change, even while sober, and react violently(not towards other but towards objects) over silly things. I feel irrational and irritable. I can' t sleep because I keep analysing myself and my life. My wife is dissapointed in me because I have a low sperm count and it seems unlikely we will have kids. My salary is not as good here as it used to be overseas and we are struggling financially. But mainly I feel trapped within myself, like my life is a bad movie that I just can' t switch off. Some days I find it hard to do anything, even eating is a chore. Others are better and I wish I could go out and enjoy life, but of course I can' t because we never have money, even for a weekend trip anywhere. Are my feelings of utter helplessness normal? Can you give me advice on how to get a better grip and just wait out the bad years or what can I do? Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

You sound like a good man, who tries very hard to be good, but sometimes slips and behaves in a way thast doesn't match his ideals. And you have ideals, who sadly fewer people these days seem to have. It also sounds as though you may well be Depressed, and deserving proper treatment for that, with medication and CBT style counselling. Moving out of the depression could not only enable you to feel better, but to cope better with work and life in general, to feel less helpless and find suitable initiatives to engage in. Actually, by reducing the levels of stress, it might even improve the sperm count ! The "bad years" could last weeks rather than years.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sindy | 2009/01/15

Hey John

I wish I can have you as a husband, you sound very sweet and calm, my hubby is just an A****hole. Low sperm count is curable, try Staminogro for threee months and then go for Artificial Insemination and I promise you, you and your wife will fall pregnant.

Reply to Sindy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.