Question
Posted by: I'm a woman | 2007/03/07

Life Coach - Woman

i think I need a life coach. How do i go about finding one - I'm in JHB north. What can I expect to pay for the service?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi I'm a woman

The fees for Life Coaches varies. Within the corporate context an hour long session can cost up to R2000 and this is usually billed to the company.

Try HIRS at www.hirs.co.za for some assisatnce with this regard.

Mike Lacey-Smith
Life Coach for Men

9
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/03/10

LOL Sparticus, the rate is a corporate rate....obviously the company has a group of people they employ who needs coaching???? so if you work out per person, its not that expensive ??? But of course it would be better getting one to one coaching, I presume as we are all different and have different needs and expectations, we are individuals.
In any event the company probably can write off the amount as an expense, so they score, they get happier motivated employees ?!!! :)

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Sparticus | 2007/03/10

R2000 per hour! Sorry, theres no ammount of words from a human being that justifies that ammount of money... for 1 hour?
I feel the aggression in my bones. Its because I am stupid not to see the need for a commercial life coach but on the other hand I will do without one. Mike, seeing that we're down to Rands and Cents, are your fees also that high for this forum? I think not and therefore the others are overrated.

Reply to Sparticus
Posted by: Sparticus | 2007/03/08

Lynda- my word skills dissappoint me at times and I do agree with you. This resident life coach is listed on a HEALTH forum and for this reason his phsycology "skills" are different than the commercial ones. I trust him completely and my calm state of mind is a result of the advice on this forum.

Reply to Sparticus
Posted by: joe | 2007/03/08

sparticus man this sounded exaclty like you, how is ur kid

Reply to joe
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/03/07

Sparticus, some people feel "stuck" and need some help. They might be going through a difficult time in their lives. I agree with you somewhat there are a lot of people out their, who are not trained, they have personality and some are *showmans* they attract people to them and with all the hype etc. they get on the bandwagon and charge huge amounts of money. However, I feel seeing a professional person who has a psychology background and good counselling skills could benefit a person who really needs some direction in life. Yes, its up to them to harness whatever is deep inside of them, others can suggest avenues, but ultimately its up to the invidual to make decisions.

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Sparticus | 2007/03/07

The ads for life coach really makes me cautious. To me it simply means that you will be trained to guide doubtfull people and make a buck from it. The hype surrounding these "movers and shakers" is totally overrated.
You mention that there may be opportunities waiting for you. It will only be unlocked when you tell the consultant and they'll get the credit.
Life coaches is also a status tool and some use it to elevate themselves and to let the friends know what they are missing in life.
I wish you would spend more time wrestling with your search.
Life coaches would be rich and not work as they could unlock their own opportunities.

I definitely use this life coach to help me see the light but as for the opportunties to make money , I'd respectfully trust my gut feeling..

Reply to Sparticus

Dear I'm a Woman,

A lot of companies use Life Coaches to empower their staff, the consequences of which, they are more productive, happier, able to set goals and work towards them. Obviously the more rounded, balanced a person is, able to problem solve, etc. and deal with stresses in their life, which , in this day and age, we all suffer from stress. Some psychologists become life coaches. I believe a good life coach doesn't tell you what to do, but rather can guide you in the right direction, after all its up to the individual to identify their own issues, etc. they want to work on and perhaps they are more abled to be motivated to achieve them.

There are many Woman Life Coaches, just do a google search.

Posted by: I'm a woman | 2007/03/07

I assumed life coaches go through some sort of training. I have seen adverts for courses.

I think I need one to guide me to be successful in my life and move forward in my career. I feel there are opportunities right under my nose but something is holding me back. I feel I can achieve more than I am right now, not sure how though. Some how I'm not 'releasing' my self to aim higher and grab the opportunities. I'm hoping a life coach can help with this.

I'm hoping they can look at my life and guide me to be the absolute best that I can be.

My friend saw one - it was arranged and paid for by her employer - she said it worked wonders for her.

Reply to I'm a woman
Posted by: Rick | 2007/03/07

i'm curious, "I'm a woman", how do you determine that you need a life coach? What is it that you need, exactly, and what are your expectations?

Please don't think I am asking because you are a woman but I am wondering about this in general. Are Life Coaches qualified in any way to do this?

I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that the owner - the Life Coach - of this forum was simply an experienced and wise dude that handed out advice regarding male matters - whatever that means - in the manner made famous by the legions of Agony Aunts that have gone before...

Reply to Rick