Question
Posted by: Ocean | 2005/07/05

Life Coach

I'm thinking of going to see a life coach. Is that normally a qualified psycologist, or not? This person is covered by my medical aid (luckily). I'm hoping she would be able to help me sort out my life and my mid-20's crisis....

As far as I'm aware, a so-called "Life Coach" is a fashionable fad, and they are not formally recognized in any way, and have no recognized training or qualifications other than an extremely high opinion of their own wisdom ! I am shocked to hear that any medical aid, while they limit access to mental health experts and scientifically validated treatments, would pay for such quackery ! They are certainly NOT usually a qualified psychologist, and I cannot imagine how they can ever help anyone.

3
Posted by: Debi | 2005/07/05

Exactly Ocean, why do you think Im always on this site and i see my own shrink away from the office. LOL. :-))

Reply to Debi
Posted by: Ocean | 2005/07/05

Thanks Debi
I'm sure you're there already..

Reply to Ocean
Posted by: Debi | 2005/07/05

Mid 20's - is that all? Ag, you r still baby. Wait till you hit your 40's - you'll be running to see a shrink, never mind a life coach.

Reply to Debi