Question
Posted by: Cat | 2007/06/15

Life after divorce

I am a mother of two,12yrs and 9years. I have been seperated for 1 year and my divorce is comming through soon. I swore I would not get into another relationship for a long time due to the stress we have been through with my ex but I have met a guy that I am crazy about, I have never felt this way about anyone ever we started off as friends and just got closer. He is also a single parent of two kids same age as mine and Im concerned that I am moving too fast, and how it will affect the kids, they like him very much, or thats what they tell me. Is it too soon, and do you think it will have a negative affect on them? Im so concerned.

Is it too soon for what ? Too soon to have a tentative, beginning relationship with someone who sems nice ? Not necessarily, but there is the rebound effect, especially this close to the divorce, of wanting to find a quick replacement, like the old thing about getting back up on the horse after having fallen off. Too soon to make a firm binding decision to commit to and marry the new guy ? Most probably. The kids may like him as a new friend ; whether they will applaud or be concerend about him apparently replacing their dad, depends on many things, including theyr feelings for their dad

1
Posted by: NEL | 2007/06/18

I have been divorced since sep 06, and have now been seeing a guy for 5 months my children love him to bit and he makes me happy. Just take it slow and enjoy don't over promise just enjoy and live day for day.

Reply to NEL