Posted by: In Pain | 2008/08/21

Life after a tragedy

In the past 2 and half years I have lost both my parents have died and I have lost my partner, I have huge amounts of debt that i' m struggling to repay. Shortly after my dad died I was diagnosed with depression and I was put on medication for a short while, I also went for counselling. Over the last six months I have been extremely miserable, the pain of everyting I' ve been through eats me up everyday, I cry a lot, I always very very sad and I' m very unhappy at my job as well but I have to do it because of the debts that I have. I don' t want to go back to antidepressants, I struggled previously with a lot of side effects, for the past six months I' ve been taking benylin everynight to help me sleep. I' m slipping further and further away and I dont know what to do. Im overwhelmed

Maybe some more specific counsellign would be a good idea now, preferably of the CBT format, to deal with the depression / grief and to plan realistically to deal with whatever other problems are troubling you. Benylin could have added to your depression, whereas proper treatment of depression usually improves sleep.
CBT has been found to be usually at least as effective as antidepressants, and with lasting benefits, so its worth pursuing ( and its a talking therapy ) --- but adding Ads to it is often a good idea, too --- and if the shrink is careful in selecting a suitable one for you, the side-effects dotn't need to be very troublesome ( and remember with almost any drug, the side-effects are worst for the first couple of weeks, as your body gets used to their presence ).
And try calling the anxiety-depression support group for support, even Lifeline until you see your own shrink

Posted by: Visitor | 2008/08/21

Oh, " in pain"  I feel for you and the only advice I have is to pray, pray, pray! Give it over to the Lord I promise you He will not let you down.

Just try it, you have nothing to lose but soooooo much to gain. God knows your name, He knows your pain and He is waiting for to hand it over to Him. He wants to take care of you like no-one has ever done. Read your Bible daily and ask God for the wisdom to understand His word. Just let go and let God, He is more than capable and He loves you unconditionally. I' ll keep you in my prayers. God Bless you!

Reply to Visitor