Question
Posted by: D nice | 2004/11/05

Life

I Wonder why life can get so damn complicated.You see i grew up in a Secure,extended family where people know each other's business but one thing i always wonder was why nobody notice when i was been continouesly raped by a close family friend and the worse of all was i fell pregnant and nobody notice either and the pregnancy was terminated and still nobody noticed and i was only 14 going on 15. will a house full of people i thought surely someone,anybody will say something but nobody did.

Life is strange!

Yup. If it stops seeming strange, that probably means you're overlooking something. People often ignore unpleasant realities, hoping that they will then be unaffected by these. YOu need, and deserve, to see a psychologist for a prper assessmetn and then counselling, to help you recover from your very unpleasant experiences when you were younger and so inadequately protected ; so you can become stronger, more confident, and recognize and enjoy your own excellent nature and potential.

7
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

No D nice
you are not being silly...
often when we are victimized, we blame ourselves... we find fault with ourselves... but the truth is, you did nothing to deserve what he did to you! Maybe you will find closure after confronting him... but you could also be opening up old wounds... please be careful.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: D nice | 2004/11/05

To Inc
Yes am definately going to confront him, you know Inc i sometimes wonder if it was something that i did or maybe i grew up too fast or the way i am. is silly isn't it?

Reply to D nice
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

D nice
It is never too late to seek counsilling... you are obviously still haunted by this... especially now... knowing that you will meet him again soon. The turmoil hasn't ended for you yet... and your posting on this forum proves that.
Are you going to confront him?

Reply to Inc
Posted by: D nice | 2004/11/05

To Inc
Thanks for the input but i think am alright am 25 now going to a councilor now won't solve anything.
God has given me the strenght to move on,is alright but in about a months and two weeks i will come to face to face with the person who did things to me after almost 10 years i have some questions for him.

Reply to D nice
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

D nice

I'm sorry that this happend to you. It was not your fault and there was nothing that you could have done... the man took advantage of you. I don't know how to ease your pain... but I do advise you to find a counsillor... who can help you work through this.
God bless.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: D nice | 2004/11/05

No i did not even realise i was pregnant i was only 14, sex and teenage pregnancy was not a subject that you were allowed to talk about in my family, only adults were allowed to talk about sex,the man who did all this took me to a private doctor himself and had it terminated for me.My parents trusted this guy and i trusted him back then and he believed he loved me and as time went on and he kept doing what he was doing to me i think part of me believed that he loved me.How i cope i never spoke about it nor did i cry,my parents wouldn't have believed me especially my mom she thinks good of everybody but i don't blame her,i was brought up in christain home we went to church with this guy and he was even in the church choir and he was almost my fathers age.

Reply to D nice
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

Dear D nice...
how horrible!

Sometimes people see things... but chose to turn away, for fear of getting involved. Did you have your pregnancy terminated by yourself? How did you cope through all this? Where were your parents? Why didn't you tell them?

Please seek councilling to help you to deal with these feelings. Maybe those in the house really didn't notice... it is really sad that a child could be tormented like this.

Reply to Inc