Question
Posted by: Janie | 2007/05/25

libido and anti-depressants

I had depression a couple of years ago and took Rolab Fluoxitine (or something like that) but after about two to three weeks I just could have a climax with my Hubby. After a couple of months I started to reduce my dosage and stopped because of that reason. This last couple of months I have been feeling a bit OFF. Shouting and screeing at everyone especially my little 8 year old. I am becomming a witch again. I want to take my medicine again but what about my libido? Should I rather talk to an sexologist?

This is one of the reasons why I encourage people to seek CBT counselling for Depression, as it is equally as effective as antidepressants in most cases, and without side-effects. ALL antidepressants MAY produce loss o libido in some of us, NONE of them do it in all of us, so discuss it with a good local shrink, and you can find a medication that will lift the depression without this annoying side-effect. And ask about availability of CBT, too