Question
Posted by: ina | 2007/04/23

lettuce

Plz inform me as to whether lettuce is bad for IBS, does it cause u to feel bloated? Thanks

Dear Ina
Many of the food reactions that patients experience when they suffer from IBS are individual - one patient will develop bloating from lettuce, while the next patient will not. This is why it is so important to get the correct treatment from a gastroenterologist who will prescribe the necessary medication and advise if you also need to see a dietitian (to help you with cutting out offending foods) and a psychologist (to help you control stress).
It is perfectly possible that you may feel bloated when eating lettuce and that you need to avoid it in future.
Hope you feel better soon

2
Posted by: ina | 2007/04/23

Thanks Milo I appreciate your input. Ina

Reply to ina
Posted by: MILO | 2007/04/23

ek weet nie of dit sleg is vir ibs nie maar dit laat my ook bloated voel so ek dink dit kan so wees

Reply to MILO