Question
Posted by: brave_crazy | 2007/08/07

Letting go

dont know where else to put this down...

a long time ago i fell for a friend, we dated for a brief,very brief time..when circumstances pulled her away from me...i never stopped thinking about her..but did not see her for a few years, then she was back in my life, but with someone else, i just wanted her to be happy, and i was and still am (i think) in a long term relationship, but my feelings never wavered, i resigned myself to the fact that this is real life and even though recently she has told me that she has feelings for me, i have convinced myself that i am not good enough to fight for a chance, she has broken up with her partner, and through craziness on my part i have broken her heart again, when that was and is the last thing that i ever want in my life.....

i need to forget her, that is what my head is telling me, i need to forget and try salvage the relationship that i am in...its hurting so bad because my heart is telling me different things..

i dont have the guts to follow my heart

i dont know how to stop the feelings, maybe to be honest i dont want them to stop, because something deep inside me knows that i should be taking the chance, cause i am not happy where i am now even though i am working really hard on making things fine...

but it feels as though i made a mistake in the past and now i should resign myself to sticking it out

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Brave_Crazy and thanks for posting here.

It sounds as if neither you nr your ex have resolved the break-up of your relationship. Maybe you need to revisit the factors that caused the relationship to end - and ask yourself what has changed.

You would probably benefit from a few sessions of counselling to help you get clarity on this situation.

2
Posted by: Question | 2007/08/07

Hey there, I'm gonna reply quick. I've been in that very same position.... Do yourself a favour and stay (or in your case go back) to your partner. Why.... ? Well, if that person is so inlove with you as (?) say then they'll wait around for you.

Mwa, all the best

Reply to Question
Posted by: Shaz | 2007/08/07

Hi Brave-Crazy
Gosh, you seem to be in a bit of a predicament! The only bad choice, is not to make a choice! How about taking the bull by the balls and going with your heart! If you are not happy in your current relationship, why not take a chance with your "friend"! What do you have to loose? Good luck!

Reply to Shaz