Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/12/09

Lets beat the boredom and ask CS this Q

CS,

When did this forum originally start and what was the first questions like?

I guess I am around for 18 months or so and the rest of you?

LS

Well, I came up with the idea of this forum ( and similar expert forums ) in discussions with the CSIR and Worldnet Africa, which was later bought over by Naspers and became Mweb, so I was at it before Mweb itself got started. But it was in the earliest days of mweb that we got the show on the road. Originally they insisted on a specific style visually, which I hated --- imagine, the pages were BLACK, with the text in white, and links or text you had read, turned dark scarlet red. Gothic, maybe, but legible, NOT. So, what year would that have been ? Early 90's I guess ? Anyone know the date Mweb started ? Anyway, we're about the earliest and definitely the longest-running psych and health site on the internet, so far as I can discover. In due time, Mweb, though still carrying our material, gave over the running to a new start-up, originally YourHealth.coza, later Health24, so well run by my colleagues in Cape Town that it has propsered and grown and gone from sucess to success.
At the very start, the concept was that questions could be posted, but not visible to the general reader --- I would select only those which seemed of broad interest and use, and answer them, and only those would appear dirwectly online. And I wrote a weekly column, on health topics and commentary on the nuttiness of the world, for some years, as well.

16
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Ja, en ek is getroud aan een!!!!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/12/09

Ek hoor so. Nie die vriendelikste van alle nasies nie. Blykbaar so styf soos gevriesde hoender....

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Aaaag, Wit Zombie, hulle praat baie maar se niks! Die lekker ding is dat hulle niks Afrikaans kan verstaan nie! Jy kan jou net verbeel as ek kwaad raak en ek begin in Afrikaans praat. Ek kan hulle lekker uitvloek en hulle weet nie wat ek se nie. Te lekker. Maar nou ja, so gaan dit, ne? Die mense hier is nie baie vriendelik nie.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/12/09

Ek drink sommer chateau libertas. lekker saam met n dik stuk steak en my cigar, Frusty.

Wat se die pommies alles?

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/09

My fav red wine is Fleur du Cap Cabernet....hmmmmmm!

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Wit Zombie, what red wine are you drinking? I bought some S.A. red wine over here and it was lovely. Used it for cooking, but I can't find the stuff again. It was on promotion.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/12/09

ek speck julle lekker uit hier op my stoel met my glas rooi wyn en cigar..

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/09

Just observing.....

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Nope, still here. Didn't want to intrude on the conversation. I don't know how long I have been on here, not too long though. Have no idea how long the actual forum has been running for.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP | 2005/12/09

Seker 'n storie wat interresanter is raakgepost iewers?

Maar fine as my geselskap jou verveel *snik* sal ek maar loop OKAY!

Reply to CP
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/12/09

En nou waar is die res? Wil jy my vertel hulle is almal huis toe?

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/09

Ek dink nie enige van ons is "veronderstel" om te drink saam met die pilletjies nie......maar hel dit maak die lewe te damn boring!

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/12/09

Ag my mens "if only" ek mag mos nie drink saam my pilletjies nie en nadat ek nou so begin fietsry het, het ek dit ook maar opgegee vir 'n bad job...Maak maar daai een oop en drink 'n sopie namens my of twee of drie...net soos die gees jou lei.

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/12/09

Ek divert dit gewoonlik deur 'n bottle wyn oop te maak...hee hee

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/12/09

Nee ek smoor in my eie "juices", maar voordat dit opeinding in een van daai nare "fits" moet ek iets doen om my aandag te "divert"

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/09

Geez mens - ek's al hier van einde 2003 en toe was dit al LAAAANK aan die gang....

(voel jy beter)

Reply to CP Mom