Question
Posted by: Lethargic | 2003/03/21

Lethargy,pain,nausea

Have been on chronic med. Epilim for nearly 4 yrs. Attack of lethargy - can't keep eyes open, when I've eaten lunch.This always happens between 2and 4pm. Also pain in thighs, as if in the bone. Indigestion and nausea in evenings. Had my gallbladder removed a year and 4 months ago.What could these symptoms indicate?

Lethargic, it sounds like you’re suffering from postprandial hypoglycaemia – low blood sugar after having eaten something. The best would be to go for a glucose tolerance test and see what it says. While they’re at it, ask them to also do an insulin to glucose ratio, a liver function test, a full blood count and Epilim® levels. If everything turns up normal, the best would be to see a specialist physician. Good luck.