Question
Posted by: jem | 2004/01/06

lesbian

I met up with a bi lady on the phone. We built up a great relationship over the phone and had planned to meet. Something came up and we postponed the meeting. The next day she informed me that she just wanted to be friends as being bi was a sin. I cannot believe that she changed overnight. I have agreed to be friends but the situation is driving me crazy. She really is special. What should I do

jem,
people you meet on the phone, or on the internet, have the advantage that they can pretend to "be" whatever they choose, and you don't have the usual advantage, in a person-to-person meeting, of being able to assess their sincerity, etc. You don't know if this woman is "special" ; you know mainly your fantasies, of what she MIGHT be like --- you haven't met her. It sounds as if you were looking for a sexual relationship, if you feel so disappointd that she now says she wants only to be "friends" --- and again, it's not wise to plan a sexual or other close relationship with a person you haven't yet met. Don't assume she's "special" ; don't assume anything about her. If you're prepared to be possible friends, you could consider meeting her, in a public place like a coffee-shop, and find out who and what she is, before making any decisions.

3
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2004/01/11

Cybershrink is right. The Internet is a bit crazy. This broad is either confused or met someone in the meantime.

Carry on searching, not necessarily on the Internet

Reply to De Bruyn
Posted by: k00s | 2004/01/06

mebbe the previous poster lady should rather hav used the nick,,,,,,"No-Joy"? hehe

havin said that i hav to also say that u do seem pretty hard-up 4 a relationship & mor espec a sexual one,,,go out ther & meet the real people gal,,,u actually take less of a risk doin it that way round coz u can c & guage whas in front of u. (but then,,,who hasnt falled 4 that magical internet sexmachine b4? ) ,,,,moral of the story ,,,dont knock yourself & go fishin

Reply to k00s
Posted by: Joy | 2004/01/06

The lady has made heer decision. Respect it and move on. Easier said than done but ......

Reply to Joy