Question
Posted by: mariah | 2007/05/01

Leishmania

Can you tell me what Leishmania is please. What are the symptoms and prognosisi?

Leishmaniasis is a blood borne disease that affects many organs and leads to bleeding tendencies. There are treatments but often dogs remain carriers. The disease is often caught by dogs that visit to the north east of SA. Does you dog have the disease?

2
Posted by: Mariah | 2007/05/05

As far as I know my dog does not have the disease. I read about it in a magazine. However, he does occassionally have some drops of blood coming from his penis but this is usually after he has tried to mount our female who has been spayed.

Reply to Mariah
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/05/01

Hi Mariah

You can Google it. It is a disease brought on by Mosquitos, sandflies.

Reply to Cat Lady