Question
Posted by: Woman of substance | 2004/10/11

Leigh Matthews

My heart goes out to the Matthews family. What has come out of this South Africa? Do any of you think Mr Moodley did it? It seems a number of people who know him think he is/was a perfect son though some thinks he liked women. The Mathews need strong prayers in this difficult time.

I don't think it's up to us to comment on whether or not an accused or arrested person "did it" or not. An important point to face, though, is that mostl criminals and killers don't look as if they are. If they looked like they were capable of the monstrous, cruel and selfish things they do, they'd not be able to get close enough to their victims to carry out their crime. After almost every murder arrest, there are always neighbours, friends, and family to comment that they find it impossible to believe and that the arrested person is "such a nice man", a perfect son . husband / wife, whatever. How rarely do you hear them say :"I always knew that he was bad and would do something terrible". The motivations for such acts are rarely worn on the sleeve.

1
Posted by: nuttygirl | 2004/10/11

Just when I think I am nuts someone comes along and does something like this and I suddenly realise I am completely rational.
I think the hard part for people is to understand that someone can actually kill another human being out of greed for money, for no other reason
And it doesnt sound like he was really that poor.
Really make me worried about this world of ours
And the funny thing is recently when Charmaine phillips was realised everyone was raving about how she changed and how she deserves another chance and how bad it was to spend such a long part of her life in jail.
I wonder if anyone thinks about the victims and the fact that they will never have a second chance at life. She lost some years they lost forever and no-one is clambering to sing their song about deserving 2nd chances.
Or am I just getting bitter at the world, cause I sometimes feel so bad yet to kill another human is something that would never enter my mind

Reply to nuttygirl