Question
Posted by: os | 2008/01/23

legs

my legs ache when i climb up stairs - please tell me why

hi Os

Difficult to say, if not impossible, considering I know nothing about you. Are you athletic, do you train and do exercise regularly? If so, then the pain in climbing stairs would have a completely different explanation compared to if you did not. We actually did a study about 2 years ago looking at the exertion of stair climbing, and we found that the effort of climbing stairs is greater than it should be,given the speed people walk at. No one knows quite why that is, but one thing is for sure - if you are active and exercise regularly, then it will help.

So short of guessing,that's all I can suggest!

1
Posted by: os | 2008/01/25

doc, actually i hardly exercise, is this the reason my legs pain when i climb stairs

Reply to os