Question
Posted by: Aviendha | 2003/12/03

Legs?!

Dear Diet Doc
I need your advice, I'm 16 years old, 1.64 m and I weigh 49 kgs. I gym 5 times a week and I'm really worried about cellulite on my legs, my legs just seem to be getting bigger but my weight has stayed the same. The only thing I've changed is that I did more cardio and less toning in my gym program for a month but I don't know if that would have affected me! What do you think is causing this? I'm supposed to be gaining a bit of weight, I've been going to a dietician for a while but as I said my weight has stayed the same. I do tend 2 pig out a bit on weekends but would this have an effect on my legs? What can I do to avoid cellulite?
Thank you for taking the time to listen to a messed up teen!

Dear Aviendha
You are NOT a messed up teen. Cellulite is a problem, esp as we don't yet know what causes it and what treatments can prevent or remove it completely. The lack of toning in your workout programme may very well have caused the change, so go back to toning and let's see if this has an effect. You must not confuse rounding of the body which occurs are you mature sexually, with cellulite, but try consulting those beauty salons that specialise in body and skin firming techniques - phone Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.