Posted by: Shinga | 2008/07/18

Legal Age To Leave With Parents Consent.

What is the legal age to leave home with the parents consent.

My Step Daughter is 16 and very mature for her age. She wants to leave home to move in with her boyfriend who is 25 already settled and has got a full time job. She also has the oppertunity for a full time job.

Her mother respects her decision but is concerned about the legal matters surrounding it.

Expert ImageTeen expert

The legal age of majority in RSA is 18 years old when a person can take their own decisions legally.

With parental consent at 16 she can live outside of the home, but there may be certain things that legally parents remain responsible for.

To be clear about this I would recommend you consult a lawyer who specialises in child care and family law as this is a situation where everyone in the family seems to be okay with the decision.

Posted by: Shey | 2008/10/05

what about kids that have been chased away from home at the age of 17? what are their rights and what are the legal implications for the people that look after them?

Reply to Shey
Posted by: quilla | 2008/08/21

i had ran away from home i am 16 and what is the legal age for me . i stay in neworleans

Reply to quilla
Posted by: murtle | 2008/07/19

I think as parents you are absolutely mad. A CHILD of 16 is not mature enough to leave home. She should finish her education and then if she is still in a relationship with this man then fine move out. But to get a job at 16.

Reply to murtle