Posted by: Leona | 2010/01/27

Legal action

I resigned in my previous job without giving enough notice days. The company is calling to demand payment for the outstanding notice days. Im under financial difficulties at the moment as Im the sole bread winner at home. Can they take legal action against me or can they contact my current employer about this &  arrange to take the money from my paycheck? What do I do in this situation, Im scared it my ruin my current job. I' ll greatly appreciate the advise.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


The company can take civil legal action against you if they can prove they lost monies specifically because you resigned without giving the requisite notice. Legal action means that they'd issue a summons which you can defend, only if you lose the legal action can they execute against you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.