Question
Posted by: Adri | 2003/01/29

LEG PAIN !! HELP

I have had chronic pain in my one leg running up the back and side of my calf for a long time now and have been to a doctor , physician and surgeon who all think it's the after effects of a DVT although a DVT was never diagnosed after the birth of my last child.
I get loss of sensation , swelling on the ankle and a warm feeling in my leg. It is getting worse and now I am being refered to a Neurosurgeon. Shouldn't I just go and have the Doppler test done and have peace about what's going on? What other tests are recommended? I have read it could be a cyst , tumor , muscular (I don't do sport) or inflamation. There is no redness or skin discolouration. The doctors are not helping much and I am beginning to feel like a hypocondriac. But the pain is there and I think something has to be wrong. Surely it's not normal to lose feeling in your leg and all that I have mentioned. I would like to be more informed so I can demand that the appropriate tests be done.

Adri, I can’t see how it can do harm to have Doppler test done. While they’re at it, ask them to do an ultrasound of your knee to exclude a Baker’s cyst. If these tests turn up negative, a neurosurgeon would be a good idea. Good luck.

2
Posted by: ezajo | 2003/01/29

I need advice for leg cramps please

Reply to ezajo
Posted by: ezajo | 2003/01/29

my complaint is alittle different being leg cramps

Reply to ezajo