Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/29

LEG PAIN

CD

I just wondered if you could tell me if the burning pain I have been getting for the past few weeks in my left leg could be related to my lymphoedema problem? The only way I can describe it is its like a "cigarette burn!" type of pain! There is no chance is there that this lymphoscintigraphy I am having on Wed won't show up any lymphoedema related problem?! By that I mean my surgeon seemed so sure on Thurs after he did my doppler scan that the only option left was lymphoedema diagnosis! The pain I am getting is on the top middle part of my left leg. Its the left leg only. I did mention it to him on Tues (my 1st consult) but he hasn't commented about it yet, but then I haven't really had any opportunity to discuss this with him yet, i.e. on Thurs all I had was him take me to the cath lab for the doppler scan, then I went with him to Nuclear Medicine to book the lymphoscintigraphy and then I went home! I plan to ask him about it again on Wed but was just wondering if you had any ideas!

What is the cath lab used for?! I realised then why he made me meet him at his rooms and then take me to the cath lab at the hospital, because it seems to be only key pad doctor access!

Thanks for the help.

Dear Anxious
The cath lab is used for examinations of veins and arteries like arteriograms etc. The lymphoedema probably can cause burning pain due to irritation of the nerves. I really don't want to speculate on whether this can or can't be lymphoedema - I think we should just wait and see...

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/29

CD

I forgot to mention the procedure will be done on both legs.

Reply to anxious