Question
Posted by: Aching legs | 2004/03/11

Leg cramps at night

Am currently 35 weeks along and are experiencing painful leg cramps in my calves at night. This happens if I walk longer than usual distances during the day. And people always say preggie moms should walk often in order to stay in shape. Any advice on how to make them better?

You could try calcium supplements. These sometimes help.

2
Posted by: Theresa | 2004/03/11

I also got cramps in my calves and I found that if I eat a banana a day, I do not suffer from the cramps anymore. The banana contains pottassium which helps to combat cramping. Try it and see if it helps.

Let us know.

Theresa

Reply to Theresa
Posted by: dee | 2004/03/11

I get the same thing no matter if i excersise or not, there are 2 things you can do:
1. get your husband to massage your calves every night before you go to sleep, or
2. you can get your doc to perscribe magnesium caltrate tablets which apparently work aswell.

My husband rubs my legs before i go to sleep, it really has helped me.

Try that first, its better than taking pills.

goodluck.

Reply to dee