Question
Posted by: big brian | 2007/07/31

leg ache

hi and my problem is as follows. i first noticed that when i drive long distances my right leg aches like toothache and when i sit at the computer for long periods the same thing happens. i am well overwetght and since retiring i dont get a lot of exercise. ido have a back problem maybe its a pinched nerve? can you help

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Brian
It could well be a pinched nerve due to some arthritic/wear and tear changes in the lower back- especially if you are a little overweight. Maybe you can try and lose some weight by just going for a walk 3-4 times a week. If the pain is really unbearable, I suggest you consult a neuro-surgeon. He will probably also advise you to lose some weight. I know it is difficult to really change a lifestyle, but if you belong to a support group like Weight Watchers etc, it will be a lot easier. Good luck!