Question
Posted by: Marita | 2007/03/28

Left foot turns inwards when walking

My 5 year old daughter's left foot turn inwards when she is walking. The teacher in Gr R was referring to it in her report. Should I be concerned? What influence does this have?

Expert ImageArchive

Sorry for the delay in responding I was O`seas
You need take cognicence of this act on it but not to panic, the intoeing foot can cause her to trip and fall hwn running, and it can hamper sport,
You need to take her to a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon and or a podiatrist(with paediatric knowledge)
The issue here is where and why is the foot intoeing, it can be at the hip, thigh bone, shin bone or foot, and it can be bony or muscular, and the treatment will depend on where the rotation is

Call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249