Question
Posted by: Twitchy | 2007/12/03

Left eye twitching

Hi there,

My left eye has been twitching now for the past 2 weeks.I've had it earlier in the year because of stress and lack of good, decent sleep.

Could it be because of the same reason that this is happening now again because of the tremendous amount of stress I'm under or is it something else that needs investigating?

If it is stress-related,what can I use (I'm not sure which over the counter meds to get?) to help me with this a little bit?

Dear Twitchy
Eyes twitch due to over exertion, tiredness and stress. Try taking a muscle relaxant like Robaxin, reduce caffeine intake, putting a warm washcloth on the eye and relaxing. You can also try taking Biral for stress ( over the counter natural medication for stress)

1
Posted by: Eye lid | 2007/12/05

I have had the same with my right eye every day now for 8 months due to stress!! some days it's a little better than others but it's still there.... very annoying but not much one can do, I hope with time it will subside.

Reply to Eye lid