Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2006/11/08

Left arm feeling very heavy.

My left arm has been feeling very heavy and partially numb recently.
It also hurts a little but i am mostly worried about it as i have heard that it is a sign of heart problems.

I have high blood pressure.

This is not the first time i have had this feeling in my arm.

Must i be concerned. I dont feel comfortable about this.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nadine,

Yes, because of your hypertension, I would advise you to see your doctor for a full cardio checkup. If you are overweight, a smoker, diabetic or have any family history of heart disease, then I would also consider seeing a cardiologist.

But first things first. Go to your doctor, mainly to determine whether there is a problem with your arm. If there is no arm problem which could account for your symptoms, then please go on to consult a cardiologist.

HeartDoc