Question
Posted by: Kobela | 2006/10/24

LEBO MATHOSA-I will miss u

Expert, allow me to pay tribute to a lost shining star. Lebo was one of the few musicians who inspired me with her well-written lyrics and beats. Her sexual orientation never seemed to bother her. She inspired me to one day be like her- free. A day later it is still hard to believe she's gone. I loved since her days with Boom Shaka. I remeber in 1997 while doing Grade 10, most of my books were covered with her pictures and i was nicknamed Boom Shaka. She had energy, she was bubbly and damn so sexy, controversial but always grounded. More than anything she was a perfectionist. Her performances were live and well planned. She's one of the fewest local artist i would see going backstage to go and change- different clothes for different songs. Boy she could dance- sexy moves and even pantsula! If you ever saw her perform Teka Teka U so penga (u'll go mad) u'll understand. i bought her CDs. Listening to her lyrics you'd notice the deep, intense and intelligent person she was. She wrote lyrics like no other kwaito, dance nor RnB musician in SA. "I have lived in the streets. i hold the secret of my begining. And if i loose my direction in my means to find better satisfaction..." are the words from 'Shake' in drama Queen. I will miss her and was already anticipating her new release. But i know she lived life to the fullest. A loss no one will replace.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Kobela, welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I hope we'll hear more from you.

1
Posted by: Paul | 2006/10/25

Hey
did not meet her but felt really low down about her passing.
May her soul rest in peace

love to all

Reply to Paul