Question
Posted by: Bad Friend | 2004/12/14

Leaving on a Jet Plane

A close friend of mine is flying to London tonight. I told her I would go to the airport with her if her boyfriend doesn't go. The thing is that he gets really nasty and miserable towards her (she's been back to visit 3 times), and she gets upset and cries, and he cries like I've never seen any guy crying before. It just gets really awkward for me. She's just let me know that she won't meet me for lunch as we'd planned, but wants to say goodbye at the airport. And now I'm torn because I told her how I felt about going if he goes (he is)... Am I a terrible friend if I don't go? She says she's coming back for good in February, which is really close if you think about it.

No, you'd not be a terrible friend if you chose not to get involved in Other people's emotional storms. They should say goodbye to each other in private, and let her take a taxi or limo to the airport, peacefully. And Febriary IS really close, so maybe she shouldn't be such a drama queen about it all.

1
Posted by: NM | 2004/12/14

I think you should go to say good-bye - remember, you'll be there for your friend...not the boyfriend. Just ignore him!

Reply to NM