Question
Posted by: Justaboy | 2005/12/09

Learning from despair

Friend had a great posting here (posting 11227) about learning when we are at the valleys of despair. For so many years I have been in love with someone I cannot be with....its very painful and keeps me down so much and I cry often in despair....but I have learned to respect others pain and grief, I have learned that material things are not important. I have come to appreciate the meaning of love and understand the suffereing of people. I have learned that I am not alone and millions of people around the world suffer more than me. I have come to appreciate those people that love me and I am so grateful that they do love me and care over me, everyday I learn more about foregiveness, even though I am in constant pain everyday over the love I cannot be with.

Thanks for your thoughts, Justaboy --- which sound like far more than those of a boy

4
Posted by: Sideways | 2005/12/09

I hear you. I have been where you are and am there now. It never gets easier, in fact each time I think it hurts a little more. Even though it seems impossible and unbelievable, sad even, in time it all passes.

Reply to Sideways
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Here, here. I totally agree with all the sentiments expressed here. I don't think I would be the same person today if I had not and still am going through what I have and am experiencing.

Thank you Justaboy for expressing that.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

Justaboy,
Your posting made me so sad.....

However yes, it is true....
I used to be a real B*tch, who had no time for people.
a real plastic barbie-doll.
I cared about my hair, nails, my body...agh PLEASE!!!!
When I dated a guy i first checked what car he drives.
when i payed at a place, i only paid with R100 notes.......(even though i didnt even have money, i made people believe i did)
So fake.......so material, so empty.........

Its only when real storms & heartache came on my road that i learned to care bout others......
And to be able to reach out to others.....
I'm happy about all I had to go through to shape me into a better person today.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/09

This is what makes this forum so great, Justaboy. We learn to cry and joke and suffer and laugh with everyone.

Thinking about you and stay with us.

Reply to Jakes